Hearing God’s Voice – Discover ways to prepare your heart for listening through the Bible with Scriptures of teachings from Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit on the importance of tuning in to his voice.
- Genesis 3:8 They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
- Genesis 3:10, He said, “I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”
- Isaiah 6:8, Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
- Exodus 19:9, The LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and may also believe in you forever.” Then Moses told the words of the people to the LORD.
- Deuteronomy 5:23, “And when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders.
- Deuteronomy 4:33, “Has any people heard the voice of God speaking from the midst of the fire, as you have heard it, and survived?
- Deuteronomy 4:36, “Out of the heavens He let you hear His voice to discipline you; and on earth He let you see His great fire, and you heard His words from the midst of the fire.
- Deuteronomy 4:12, “Then the LORD spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form–only a voice.
- Numbers 7:89, Now when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with Him, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy-seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim, so He spoke to him.
- Ezekiel 43:6, Then I heard one speaking to me from the house, while a man was standing beside me.
I believe God’s words are not ordinary words, as the words of other people are. God’s words are filled with power. The power of God is actually inherent in his word and it heals, delivers, Comforts, saves, correct, and encourage us to listen to his direction for our life more.
God’s word is our spiritual food and we need to use it regularly, just as we need natural food. I have learned through God’s word how to HEAR his Voice to get direction for my life so that I will experience fewer errors.
What other scriptures can we utilize to hear God’s voice more?