The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy in their writing.
On my blog, I have been very vulnerable and transparent with my battle with depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I have also been open about my relationship with JESUS always showing you all that I am not perfect, that I have lost my faith at one point, and that I have once allowed the world to control my mind and strayed from the teaching of the LORD.
However, through Christ that strengths me. I believe that my testimonies will bring joy into your heart, allowing you to see that through every situation I faced in my life, JESUS has never left me.
Tammy Dunlap, is my sister in Christ who has been so supportive of me throughout my blogging journey. When times were rough she was always there to encourage me. But, most importantly to speak life into areas of my soul that had died. This is the main reason I blog, to connect and build relationships with my sisters and brothers in Christ.
I’m grateful to have been nominated for this Award. I will also, be nominating some of my fellow bloggers for this award. If I nominate you, I would be thrilled if you participated.
These are my nominations:
- Olena Rosanne-This community was created to give tips and wisdom on the following topics such as Natural hair care, Inspiration, Faith, Parenting, Special Needs, Advocacy, and Mental Health Awareness.
- Openly Broken– The purpose of this blog is to bring awareness to Mental Health issues that are prevalent in our world to help others understand that they’re not alone, find healing and peace within their circumstance.
- As Told By Nella– a Jamaican Lifestyle & Beauty blog that provides tips and gives you knowledge on new products, location or items that we would love.
My QUESTIONS TO ANSWER from Tammy Dunlap at Grandma Mary Martha are as follows:
1. When and why, did you begin blogging?
I started blogging back on November 14, 2017. I began blogging at a very dark moment in my life through my struggle with depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Writing for me has been very therapeutic. It has allowed me to release my pain from me severing silently. Individuals close me don’t understand my struggle. Connecting with others that have experienced what I have experience, definitely has spoken life back into areas of my soul that had died.
2. What inspires you?
My mom inspires me. She raised three children on her own. She has never allowed any obstacle or circumstance stop her from accomplishing her dreams in life even when things got tough. She also shows me by example just have FAITHFUL Jesus is in all aspects of her life.
3. What are your favorite hobbies?
I love bible journaling. Here are few pages that I have created when studying the books of Psalms.
These pages are coming from the Inspire: Psalms: Coloring & Creative Journaling through the Psalms
4. How would you characterize your blogging journey so far?
I would characterize my blogging journey so far as Random Acts of Kindness. Through almost 7 months of blogging, Jesus has done so many random and unexcepted things for me such as:
-Allow me to work with my favorite skincare company Neutrogena on two projects
-Allow me to land a partnership with Grace Hill Media
-Allow me to meet all of you, such great supporters & encouragers
-Allow me to wake up more HAPPY than SAD
-Allow me to see my depression affecting me a little less.
5. What is your dream vacation like?
6. If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
Give 10% to JESUS, and purchase a house.
7. What delights you?
Being able to see my nieces and nephews grow up.
8. What one thing do you wish your blog readers knew?
Although, it may seem that my hand of life that I have been dealt with has caused a lot of pain, tears, and hardships. I am still standing. But, not alone with JESUS.
9. Where would you like to travel to?
I love to shop so visiting Bloomington, Minnesota is definitely on my bucket list.
10. Who do you admire most?
11. Favorite book?
Joyce Meyer, Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing. If you have ever needed emotional healing from sexual, physical, or verbal abuse then this book will differently help you strengthen your thoughts about yourself but most importantly trust JESUS to remove you out, or the pain you’re encountered from any of those issues.
Suggested rules for the award, should you choose to accept, (your option):
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for a blog post and links back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 3-11 new or new to you blogs to receive the award, and write 11 questions for them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my questions for my nominees, should you accept this award:
- Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
- What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog?
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
- What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
- Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
- Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- What are 3 items you can not live without?
- What one thing do you wish your blog readers knew?
Thank you for letting me share.