Do you know the common depression symptoms?
Recognizing the symptoms is key. Unfortunately, about half the people who have depression never get it diagnosed or treated.
The symptoms can include:
- Restlessness- when your mind is unable to rest.
- Fatigue- exhaustion from labor or stress.
- Hopelessness- when you do not expect anything good to happen in your life.
- Helplessness- the lack of protection and support.
- Worthlessness- the lack of meaning and value
- Withdrawal-when you lose interest in the things you loved doing (spending time with family, working, etc).
- Suicidal thoughts-the feeling of wanting to end your life now
If you start to feel any of the symptoms above. You must seek out HELP by contacting your local suicide crisis helpline, confiding in a family member or seeking professional help, or going to an emergency room.
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light. (Matthew 11:28-30, NLT)