On Friday, November 24, 2017, I opened a Facebook page message that stated “You have been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award.
"God works in mysterious ways, I will not question why things happen, but in this moment, I will accept the blessing I received in disguise.”
Thank you so much, Jenny!
If you don't know, Jenny Morgan, she is the CEO, founder, and writer over at Share the Travel Bug. Her teammates are Cameron who is the co-founder, editor in chief, senior graphic designer and Paige who is the co-editor, artist, photographer, and food critic. You should check out their blog. You will discover their unique love for traveling, and gather a lot of useful traveling budgeting tips along the way.
Here is Jenny's amazing vision for the Share The Travel Bug blog:
“Inspire their subscribers to travel and explore all the beauties created by God, to gain a deeper understanding of people of the world, to save money while traveling, to promote healthful travel habits, to promote local businesses, and to promote financial responsibility by learning financial principles such as delayed gratification.”
Having a clear vision helps you pursue your dreams and achieve your goals. So, don’t forget to support Share the Travel Bug, to aid in the success of their engagement with everyday folks like you and me.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers, but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. Click the link to read the Official 2017 Liebster Award Rules
Now, let’s take some time to highlight (2) of my favorite blogs;
#1 Grandma Mary Martha, I stumbled upon this blog in the Christian Women Bloggers Unite group. I learned that Grandma Mary Martha is the blog author, blog character as she believes that she is grandma-ish. Tammy Dunlap has set out to touch the hearts of women from all age groups. It doesn’t matter if your young or old, you will leave her blog feeling spiritually satisfied. Her blog is Christian base filled with a lot of practical advice for everyday issues that align with the principles that can be found in the bible. I love that there was an instant connection between Tammy and I as we both have connected through our stories of depression. She makes a point to get to know her readers. I appreciate her, and all the encouragement she has shared with me. I enjoy her hospitality. I love that each of her posts takes you on an adventure by providing detailed and interesting stories that we all can relate to. Oh, and Tammy is a great cook, mother, and sister in Christ. I am so thrilled that we have crossed paths.
#2 So She Writes, Miss Dre is a beauty and lifestyle blogger. She is also a mother to her beautiful children and a wife. Her blog will encourage and inspire you to live life the best way you can. She teaches you how to properly apply makeup, how to indulge in self-care. She also incorporates book reviews for all ages. I especially love the book reviews she provides for children. I am always looking for books my beloved nieces and nephews books can relate to. Her blog also is a place for encouragement as she reveals the most intimate parts of herself through her very own personal experiences. Oh, and Miss Dre is a fashionista, her blog provides outstanding fashion tips to spice up your life and makes you feel beautiful in your own skin. I came across Miss Dre blog years ago in my early blogging days before depression took over my life. I have been a loyal subscriber for years. I love that she is beautiful, and provides a positive and laid-back environment on her blogging space.
- I'm friggin' terrified of any insect that crawls especially spiders.
- I have never broken a bone despite being in a horrific car crash (. I’m so thankful).
- I am a psychology student battling (depression, anxiety & insomnia).
- I have never seen Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit.
- I am obsessed with nail polishes. My nails are painted most of the time.
- Coffee doesn’t keep me awake like it does for most people instead it makes me sleepy.
- I was born on the 4th of July.
- I have 3 biological siblings, and 8 stepbrothers and sisters.
- Everyone thinks my sister and I are twins but were 13 months apart. She is my best friend!
10. I got engaged December 25, 2016, and have yet to start planning a wedding because of my depression and anxiety.
Nomination Questions from Jenny:
- What are you most thankful for this week?
I am thankful for the strength the Lord has given me to keep pressing forward in life.
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?
I would choose the ability to read minds. It would be amazing to know what everyone is thinking at all times.
- What is your favorite cuisine or dish?
My favorite dish is
- What type of vacation do you prefer? Sightseeing? Time with nature? Or staycation?
I prefer a staycation for the following reasons:
- What is the most important lesson you have learned in life?
Don't judge yourself by your past. You don't live there anymore.
- Selfie stick or no selfie stick?
- What is one of your guilty pleasure?
- If you can visit any city in the world, where would it be?
- What are 2 things you cannot live without?
My family and Fiance.
- What is the favorite post you have written and why?
My favorite post, I have written is Prayer To Release Your Burdens, this prayer helped through all of the difficult times in my life. This prayer has allowed me to release all of the burdens and allow Jesus to carry my heavy load. Now, that the weight has shifted I am feeling freer.
And now for my nominees….
- 11ahleven.com by Mikki Donaldson
- Mommyslays by Yondel
- Throughreyes by Sharlene and Josh
- Magicalmommylife by Kat
- Salvagereaders by Agbaghe Oghenefejiro Fidelis and Ovedje Wanogho Salvation
- Alldatglittersaintgold by Henna Saleem
- Thatgirlnia by Xenia Symon
- Simplyjanae by Taneisha Janae
- Mydeedeesdiary by Dee Jackson
- What have you learned today?
- What are some of your favorite books?
- If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Why did you start Blogging?
- What Blogging platform would you recommend to new bloggers and why?
- What do you do for fun?
- If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
- What’s the best decision you ever made?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award (feature image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300-word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
- Post a comment in the comments of (the award post) so your post and blog can be viewed